Thursday, June 6, 2013

Forces of Geek "A History of Sci-Fi Cinema" - Pt IX

The fine folks over at Forces of Geek have allowed me the space and time to ramble on about the history of science fiction cinema.  These bi-weekly columns, will make an attempt, however feeble, at discussing the history of this often chided cinematic genre.  From its birth to the latest CGI box office hits, I will take a look at the films that have filled the genre, as well as their literary influences and TV offshoots.  In this episode, my ninth in the series, I take a look at the year 1954, a year that gave us an iconic creature from an equally iconic lagoon, a cheesy Disney-ized Jules Verne adaptation, and Mr. Big.

Read my column, "1954: The Year of the Big Bugs, the Black Lagoon, and a Big-Ass Lizard Called Godzilla," at Forces of Geek.

 For links to all the parts in this series, go here, and scroll down to the Forces of Geek section.

No comments: