Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews: Martin Scorsese's Hugo

Best.  3D.  Movie.  Ever.  Is this pure fanboy hyperbole or the real thing?  Obviously I am going to say the latter, though the former does exist inside me at all times, ever ready to pounce.  Seriously though, Martin Scorsese's Hugo is a damn fine motion picture.  In some ways very un-Scorsese (PG rated feel-good family film) but in others (a paean to film preservation) the film is pure Marty indeed.  Just to see Georges Méliès' A Trip to the Moon in 3D (or at least parts of it) is worth the price of admission - even if it is an inflated 3D price.  So yes, Scorsese (and film history) fanboy or not, this is the best 3D movie ever made.  Granted, I am not a big fan of 3D in the first place, so becoming my choice for best 3D is pretty easy really, but still, it is - so there.  I would also boldly proclaim it one of the finest films of 2011.  Whatever the case, you know the drill by now, as my review of said best 3D movie ever is currently up and running over at the review wing of this conglomerate, The Cinematheque.  Go on over and check it out, as all the kids are saying.


2 comments:

The Taxi Driver said...

This is a masterpiece and that's all I really have to say.

Kevyn Knox said...

YEAH!!