Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Anomalous Material Weekly Feature: 10 Best Train Movies

Here we are again true believers, with what is my fourteenth weekly 10 best feature for the fine folks over at Anomalous Material.  For those of you not in the know, those same said fine folks have given me a (possibly foolish on their behalf) regular weekly gig as feature writer.  It is a series of top ten lists on various cinematic subjects (and anyone who knows me can attest to how perfectly suited I am to such an endeavor - yes I am a list nerd).  This week's feature (as I am sure you have already ascertained by reading the title) takes a look at the way trains have been a large part of cinematic history - or at least those ten that I deem to be the greatest of such a genre.

Read my feature article, "10 Best Train Movies" at Anomalous Material.

The 1903 film from which the below shot is taken, did not make the final cut, but since it did help start the whole damn shabang and all that, I thought I would include it - tinted for your pleasure.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

What?! No "Union Pacific" (1939)?! I loved "The Lady Vanishes" though. And, as always, your lists are so amusing.

Kevyn Knox said...

Thanx.

I liked Union Pacific, but not enough to put on the list.