Monday, September 26, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews: Gregg Araki's Kaboom

The film originally debuted at Cannes in 2010, received a proper US release in January 2011, was finally seen by yours truly in April, and is finally getting its own proper review by yours truly here in September - more than sixteen months after its first appearance, and more than five months after I, the aforementioned yours truly, has seen the damn thing.  Well, as they say, better late than never.  Right?   Actually, I suppose you could say, a film this good (and surprisingly so I must admit), is quite well worth the wait.  Okay, I suppose it is not the film itself you had to wait for (the thing is out on DVD/Bluray by now) but my inexplicably tardy review.  I still say, it was worth the wait.  You can be the judge as said tardy review is now up and running over at The Cinematheque.



No comments: