Friday, October 2, 2009

Jennifer's Body Reviewed at The Cinematheque

Just posted my latest review over at The Cinematheque.  It is for the Megan Foxxed teenage-girl-as-monster movie, brilliantly titled Jennifer's Body.  That may seem a rather facetious brilliantly, but the simplistic title does sum up the underlying theme of the movie.  Typical horror movie appearance aside, Jennifer's Body, written by that horsefly with a stripper's pole, Diablo Cody, is an updating on many of the same motifs splayed out in De Palma's Carrie.  By the way, am I the only one that has noticed Jennifer's Body is about a girl possessed by the devil and it was written by someone named Diablo?  I guess so.  Anyway, enough babbling.  Go ahead and read my review if you're interested in what else I spout off about on the subject. 



No comments: